DSL Frequently Asked Questions
- My DSL quits working when I receive a fax.
This is commonly caused by the fax machine causing interruptions in the DSL signal. To correct this issue install a DSL filter on the fax line.
- My DSL quits working at times.
- This is typically caused an analog device on the phone line interrupting the DSL signal. To correct this issue you will first need to determine which analog device (telephone, fax, security system, caller-id units, satellite TV systems, answering machine) is causing the problem. You can do this by disconnecting each device one at a time until the DSL starts working again. Place a DSL filter on the analog device you believe is causing the problem.
- This can also be caused by a 900 MHz wireless phone. Try moving the phone away from the modem.
- My DSL has quit working and the DSL modem sync light is out.
There are many steps to take to determine the cause of this problem. The following steps are recommended before calling VCI tech support.
- Restart the DSL modem.
- Restart the router (if any).
- Check your phone line for dial tone. If you have no dial tone ensure all phone lines are connected properly. If you cannot fix the dial tone problem call Bellsouth repair at "611"
- Ensure a DSL filter is not installed on the same phone line as the DSL modem.
- Unplug each analog device (telephone, fax, security system, caller-id units, satellite TV systems, answering machine) until the sync light returns. If you find a device that causes your DSL sync light to go out you will need to install a DSL filter on that device.
- After my DSL was install I began hearing static on the phone line.
This can be caused by the DSL signal. To correct this issue install a DSL filter on your phone.